Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 7, 2007

6 Months

"Look at me...I'm a 1/2 year old!"
"Gimme That!"
I've got "TEETH!!!"
Cool Baby....Going for a stroll with Mom and Dad
It is so hard to believe that Henry is 6 months old today. I know it sounds so cliche', but it really does seem like yesterday when we were coming home from the hospital. Everything was so new and scary and exciting. The three of us were just trying to figure it all out. Not that we're pros now, but we're in such a good place and have learned SOOO much in the last 6 months.
This past month has been a very busy one for Henry. He went away from home for his babysitter, Ms. Brenda, and it's working out great so far. He learned to sit without any problem. Got some toofeys! Is rocking on all fours and will crawl any day now. Naps now once in the morning and once in the afternoon....with one at lunch occasionally. It seems like every week he tries out a new sound. Last week it was "BaBaBaBa". This week it's a gurgling sound and a very loud growling like scream. So funny! He was sick for the first time and Brad and I figured out first hand that as a parent you would give ANYTHING to take it away from your child and give it to you. Your heart really does ache when you see your child in pain!
I can't imagine anymore what my life was like pre-Henry! Everyday is a new adventure and we are so thankful for all that we've been given! This little man is truly the coolest kid on the planet and we couldn't be happier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelby and Brad,

Six months old!!!He looks more adorable and lovable everyday. Wish I was closer to hold him!!Thanks for the pics. Kris and Larry

Tricia said...

What a little man!
Doesn't every day just get "funner and funner"!!!
Yes, it DOES seem like yesterday when big Papa and I made the trip down to see his little 80th birthday surprise... his very first great-grandson!
Isn't it amazing how much more confident you feel now! Only YOU knew that you didn't have it all under control. You and Brad are awesome at parenthood! I'm very proud of you both!
Can't wait to see you!
Love you so!
Tricia

Courtney said...

i may be crazy, but doesn't Henry look like Hanna (when she was his age) in the first pic?