Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Fat "Goose Egg"

About a month ago Uncle D predicted that we would be taking a trip to the ER with our rambunctious one before Christmas. And he was ALMOST right! No ER, but we did visit the after hours clinic at St. Francis tonight.

I was digging around in my closet after work when Henry came running into the room to get me and tripped over a bag that was in the middle of the floor. He fell face first into the corner of the closet door and came up with a BIG FAT GOOSE EGG on his forehead! No consciousness lost, no broken skin or bleeding, and no vomiting. Only about a minute of hard crying. I called the doctors office and they were already closed, so the doc on call called me back. She said he was probably fine, but it's never a bad idea to get checked out. And we did just that over at Peds Plus.

The precious Scottish doctor checked my buddy out and confirmed that he was OK, but that we need to watch him for about 24 hours. I knew he was OK. I just needed to hear it from a professional. And I'll sleep much better tonight b/c of it!
So, my little "wild man" has a new battle wound, but it hasn't slowed him down one bit! It looks terrible (much worse than these pics indicate), but he is one tough little boy! And I love him to pieces!

3 comments:

hanna said...

That is quite the bump! Poor H.
First of many, I'm sure! :)
Love y'all!
Hanna

Lucas said...

Oh my! That looks like it hurts Henro!! You are a one tough cookie!

Tricia said...

Poor baby boy! I know that scared you and Brad, Shelby! Hen Hen is a tough little man. I'm sure that goose egg will look much better in a day or so.
Love you!
tt