Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Necessary???


Long story short. Had a weird growth at the base of my thumb nail. It became infected. Saw a hand specialist. Hand specialist decided to remove entire nail to remove growth and ensure it won't grow back. Did this under anestesia (thank GOD). When I "came to" I realized that I this ENORMOUS bandage on my entire hand. For 10 days. Can't get it wet.

Now I ask you. Is all this wrappin' and bandagin' necessary for one little thumb nail? I think not.

6 comments:

Lucas said...

you may have just inspired me to quit picking at my fingernails! Hope your nail gets to feeling better soon!

Lucas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

Bless you, Shelby!
I hope the doc plans to take some of that off in a few days!
Do I see some pretty fingernails in those pics? So proud of you!
I'm sure Henry will be a big help to you when Brad's not around!!!!! :)
Love you!
Tricia

McQueens said...

Poor thing! Hope you're back to "normal" real soon.

Walker James Kirkland said...

Oh Shelby, I'm so sorry! I hope you get well soon and, in the meantime, adjust okay to your "small" bandage! :)

Jean said...

Only you Shelby! I cant imagin how hard it is to function with one hand! You are such a trooper! Love, Jean