Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009!!!

Since we've been married it seems as though our house is the place to convene on New Years Day for all of our buds who still "whoop it up" big on NYE. We're great with that, b/c we get to see everyone without having to get a babysitter and go out and it generally turns into a large party in its own right. People began arriving at around 1:00 to the smells of collard greens and hoppin' john coming from my kitchen and brined chicken and ribs coming from Brads grill. Henry loves it too b/c he gets loads of attention from the big boys and we have lots more eyes looking after him all day. South Carolina football (and I mean the state, not the school) was a disappointment in the bowl games, but I guess afer this season, what did you expect.

After the beer got flowing I had some requests to pleeeeaaasse put Henry is his "chinaman" outfit. Of course, I obliged. I mean, I love a costume and I love dressing my child up in one without him having a say! So, we all had some good laughs over that and even had Henry doing the classic "bow" like any good chinaman.

All in all, a great day was had by all! I sure do hope the collards bring us all tons of moolah (sure do need that in these crazy times) and hoppin' john brings some good luck (need that too!)
Here's wishing you health, happiness, and prosperity in 2009!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

hanna said...

Fun Fun Fun! And H is going to get you back for that one day!
Hanna

Jean said...

So funny! Glad yall had a wonderful NYE! Henry is so cute in that outfit!!!