Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

DIY

I found the most awesome fabric at GDC and it was just my luck that it was a remnant! It usually sells for around $30 a yard and I got 3 yards for $40! Woo Hoo! So, I decided to recover our dining room chairs. (And I still have about a yard left over that will be perfect for a little bolster pillow in the living room:) Brad and I spent Thursday evening removing the millions of staples and old fabric. I cut the new fabric to fit each chair (6) and took it over to my OH SO HANDY father in law for a little instruction. He's a pro at this kind of stuff and has a staple gun to boot. We all got busy and decided to get to it later in the weekend. At the last minute we decided to have some people over for dinner last night and I had no cushions for us to sit on. Frankie said she had errands to run and she would drop them off (unfinished) for me and I could just come over one night this week and we would recover them. Well, she rolls up with Daniel and 6 beautifully recovered cushions. Daniel and Douger had done it for me yesterday afternoon and I couldn't be more thankful! I LOVE them! I mean, really LOVE! They look so fab! Before

After
Before


After



Voila! Our dining room is now complete!





6 comments:

Tricia said...

Love them!!!! The color is beautiful! Once you've begun a DIY project, you'll be ready to do more... and more... and more!
What wonderful in-laws you have, Shelby! How blessed you are!
Love you!
tt:)

hanna said...

Those look INCREDIBLE!!!! Hanna

Jean said...

You go girl!! Dont you just love DIY!! They look so good!

Cameron said...

They look awesome!!! Love the fabric...it looks perfect in your dining room!

Courtney said...

Nice! I am so impressed! LOVE the fabric! Don't you just love a good deal?!

Mary Craig said...

Love them, Shelby! Super cute. Don't you love a good deal?