Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fat Tongue!


Ok. This picture seriously does not do it justice. It is nausea inducing to say the very least and my neighbor described it as gnarly! Yea, real gnarly dude!

When I picked Henry up from Mrs. Brenda's today she said he'd had a little accident. Fell down, bit, his tongue, bled a bit, cried some, and was on his way. I chalked it up to him being tough and headed home. When I got him to the car I asked him to stick his tongue out. And OH MY! I really do not have a weak stomach usually, but maybe since it's my child it's different. My stomach turned and I felt queasy. It hasn't phased him a bit! He's been drinking juice, eating popsicles and goldfish and hasn't flinched.

I've called his pediatrician and there's really nothing to do for mouth injuries other than watch for fever and swelling, etc. He said the mouth heals rather quickly and he should be fine!

My boys soooo TUFF!!!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Bless it!!!! My heart hurts when I look at that little "torn up tongue"! Yep, Henry is definitely a tuff little man!!! It could have been worse, I guess, but it surely looks mean! Thank goodness it isn't hurting!
Please tell him that tt was jealous that he called Court and Cam and not me! tee hee! They both called me and told me about Henry's call! You made their day!
I LOVE YOU!
tt:)

Mrs. Montjoy said...

OH MY! That looks aweful! I cant beleive he ate with his toung almost split in two! He must have been hungery!!! I hope his little toung heals well.