Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Heart Could Burst

It seems that lately all I write about are the cute and funny little things Henry says and does. And I guess it's because they happen so often and I want to remember them years from now. And the chances of me doing that relying on my own brain are slim to none. This blog has become Henry's baby book and my family's life book and I hope to some day very soon make it into a coffee table book. And, besides, Henry won't sit still long enough for me and my VERY limited photography skills to get some good shots. I promise some more soon:)
So here is the latest installment:
Last week we hired a babysitter b/c I was going to take dinner to Christine at the hospital and Brad was going out with his mom and bro for sushi. Aubrey is Henry's favorite babysitter and ours too. She is a rising Senior in high school and is the sweetest girl ever. And she's drop dead gorgeous to boot and my boy just luuuuvvvvsss her! She plays with him non-stop while she's at our house and he just loves looking at her long blond hair I'm sure:)
So, as I was putting him to bed that night he was talking about Aubrey and the fun things they did.
And I said: "Aubrey's so nice and pretty isn't she?"
GET READY....
And H said: "You pwetty too Mommy."
And smiled up at me with his big brown eyes! I melted like a popsicle on a hot summer day!
I mean, he is either extremely smart and trying to butter me up OR he really thinks his mommy is pretty.
I choose to believe the latter.
It's moments like that that make all the hard work of being a parent worth every second. I love him so much I could just die!!!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Yes, you ARE "pwetty"!!! Henry is very smart and knows a pretty lady when he sees one!
I'm so glad you're recording all the "Henryisms" now!
A coffee table book is an awesome idea!!!!
I LOVE YOU!
tt:)

Lucas said...

I absolutely love reading Henry stories. He is such a sweetie! I think he is just such a good talker. I can't get over how well he talks to you and Brad.