Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Seein' RED!!!


I have driven myself and most everyone around me NUTS with my indecisiveness about painting my kitchen red. I have painted two large 'chunks' of my walls with one red for a month or two trying to get my husband to paint. And trying to decide if that's really what I wanted. You see, my skillz are very poor in that department, so he has the "privilege" of that fun job!

So after MUCH deliberation over thet exact shade of red, I FINALLY decided on Sherwin Williams Snapdragon. It's part of the Historic Charleston Line and I love it! My sweet husband painted 3 coats yesterday while I was getting my baby fix in Laurens with baby Durham and I was so very pleasantly suprised when I got home.

I think it's perfect. Not too pink, not to orange. Just right! And please notice my new apothecary jars above my pot rack. Yep, copied that right off my cuz Courtney! Kinda love 'em!

If nothing else, it made me give my kitchen a major cleaning and I've cleared out and organized. Something I've needed to do for a while.

There's nothing like a new, fresh coat of paint!

5 comments:

kate's corner said...

it looks FABULOUS!!!! great choice. fo real. love the window treatment too!

Tricia said...

Love it, Shelby! Tell Brad I'm very impressed with his painting skills!
The shade of red is perfect for your kitchen. Looks like a brand new room! The apoth. jars look awesome!
It was so good being with you on Thursday as we loved on little DurC and watched the awesome "photo shoot"!!!
See you soon! Really missing Hen Hen!!! Give him a big hug and kiss for TT!
I LOVE YOU!

Cameron said...

Looks awesome! I think i need to make a trip down to see it in person and visit my fav little cuz Hen Hen!!!
Miss you all!
Love you,
Cam

Donna said...

Shelby, I love it! Good decision. Makes me wanna paint

Jean said...

The color is perfect! I love red kitchens!