Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

SUPRISE!!!!


So, we pulled of the biggest surprise of the century! Brad is very hard to "pull one over on", but he was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY surprised last night. See, his big Dirty 30 is next Sunday so his parents, Daniel, and I thought last night would be perfect! I had been prepping him for weeks that I was taking him out to a special birthday dinner and Mimi and Pops were keeping Henry. And I would never tell him where we were going and he was so excited about it!

We sent out invitations 2 weeks ago and asked all of our closest friends to arrive at 6:30 sharp. We had about 25 people there and everyone was waiting in the yard when we walked out on the porch. The lights flipped on and everyone yelled SURPRISE!!! And let me tell you, he was floored and for a second a little mad. He looked at me and under his breath goes: "I told you not to do this." He HATES to be the center of attention, but quickly put a smile on his face as all of his buds came up to greet him!

We had all of his favs! Home Team BBQ, collard greens, cucumber and tomato salad, Rotel, Raspberry Salsa Dip, ribs, and Daniel's Banana Puddin'! It was absolutely the most fun party and he can't stop talking about how good we got him!

One of the couples that came have 2 children so that gave Henry plenty of entertainment. He was a little shocked too at all of the people who jumped out as he just thought Mommy and Daddy were going on a date and he was spending the night with Mimi and Pops!


Everyone needs a surprise party once in their life and I'm so glad that everything turned out so perfect!

I love you Brad and am glad you had such a great night!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oh, I had forgotten that Brad had married an older woman!!! Tom can relate and wouldn't have it any other way, I'm sure!! Tee hee!
What a special birthday, Shelby! You and Frankie did an awesome job, and I know Brad will never forget it!
Give him a big old birthday kiss for me!
I LOVE YOU!!!