No, your eyes do not deceive you. Yes, that is a THREE WEEK OLD BABY on Folly Beach. Some of you who read this blog probably think his parents have lost their minds for venturing out to the beach with a newborn and you are probably right! We most certainly have! BUT, we felt the strong urge to "christen" Manning right off the bat by dipping his itty bitty toes in the Atlantic. Maybe not one of our most stellar ideas, but the deed is done nonetheless!
We did it real quick. Went out to the Folly Pier just out in front of the Holiday Inn with every Guido from the Jersey Shore here on Spring Break. Lovely! It was hysterical and I was literally about to pee my pants from laughing so hard while Brad was chasing Henry trying to keep him out of the frigid water and away from all the "Snookie's" trying to pinch his cheeks! (If you don't know about Snookie, then you need to tune into the show on MTV...Jersey Shore. Some real class acts ;) I digress. I did the dip and then bolted back to the car to feed my poor baby while his big brother wallered around in the sand for a bit. Brad and Henry came back to the car shortly with blue lips and a quivering chin. Then proceeded to strip naked (Henry, not Brad) and dry off. I was beginning to think we belonged out there the way we were carrying on, but we quickly pulled it together and headed home.


2 comments:
I love it!! A little vitamin D for Little Manning!
Shelby, You are the ONE!!!(and Brad, too!) Not many would venture out this early to "dip" the little one! I certainly was not surprised, and I'm proud of you for getting out and enjoying life so quickly! Yes, memories are in the makin' alright!!!!
Henry had a blast, I'm sure, blue lips and all!!!
The pics are priceless!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
tt:)
Post a Comment