Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Trip to the Dentist


Today was the day I had really not been looking forward to. I mean, who really likes to go to the dentist? And who really wants to take a THREE year old to the dentist? But Henry really surprised me and made his mama proud. He was such a big boy and behaved himself very well the whole time. Grant it he asked approx. 250 questions to sweet Ms. Deb the hygienist and insisted on holding the little toothpaste/cleaning stuff thingy that she had on her finger. And he might have even licked it a time or two, but who's counting!

He held his mouth open wide the whole time and was really intrigued by all of the high tech equipment.


Dr. Sander gave him a great report and said his teeth look great. No cavities, but possibly a developing under bite. Really, we're supposed to start worrying about such a thing at this age? Henry came away with a cool new blinking toothbrush and a couple prizes from the prize chest. All in all, his first trip to the dentist was a total success and I don't think he'll be dreading that annual trip quite so bad. At least not for a few years!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

what a big boy!

Tricia said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you, Henry!!!
I know a lot of mommies will be jealous when they hear about what a "grownup" you were!!!
I know you love your cool blinking toothbrush!!!
I LOVE YOU!!
tt:)

Anonymous said...

Henry,
Just saw the pictures of you at the dentist and I am so very proud of you. What a great check up you had and what beautiful teeth.
I love you,
Nana