Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hollywood Studios Day 2 - 10/24/10

Mickey's Fantasia Hat


After a good night sleep, we headed over to Disney's Hollywood Studios for Day 2 and it did not disappoint! We saw lots of characters, rode a couple of cool movie rides, and the event of the weekend was Henry's Jedi Training Session (Star Wars).

Just before entering the park

Goofy and Pluto
(meeting the characters and having them sign his autograph book was one Henry's favorite things to do over the weekend.)

Yummy Italian lunch at Mama Melrose

He LOVED the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground
(he saw this movie a few months ago and loved it)

The Block Party Bash was one of my favorite things. We just stumbled upon it mid-day and it was such a "pick-me-up". They had the Toy Story Characters, Monsters Inc. Characters, and tons of FUN dancers with music like Lionel Richie's Celebrate blaring. So fun!

Waving at Woody!

Just before Henry went into Jedi Training

Brad and Henry waited in line for 2 hours just to sign up for the 4 o'clock show.

And I came to hang out a couple of times to keep them company.

When the time finally came, we realized that it was for children ages 4-10. Henry is 3.5. Yikes! We didn't lie, but we didn't offer the truth of Henry's age. But, the TRUTH always comes out.

He was clearly the youngest up there and the hilarious trainer asked him, "Young Jedi, how old are you?" And Henry held up his little fingers and said "THREE". The trainer smiled and said, "So your parents LIED to get you in here?!?!" The audience roared with laughter and we almost DIED!!! They didn't mind and our little boy ended up being the star of the show.

Darth Vader


Brad, Doug, and I rode the Tower of Terror. So fun!!!

And after a long day, we all headed back to our condo. We stayed at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa on Disney property and it was fabulous! I highly recommend it. We ate dinner at the hotel and chilled in the pool and hot tub for a while. I could get used to living like that!

This weekend was such a treat for all of us and we can't thank Mimi and Pops enough for such a magical time!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

i totally remember the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" stuff at Disney World (i think i was 10)!!!

i am dying laughing at the Jedi training...the star of the show, of course!!!

Lucas said...

oh my gosh! I was hysterically laughing at the part when Henry let the cat out of the bag! You can always count on those little ones to tell the truth! I love it! That's too cute Shelby!

hanna said...

Love that he's even holding up his 3 little fingers! Love it all!

hanna said...

Oh! And Henry looks JUST like you when you were little in the picture with Goofy and Pluto!

Cameron said...

i would have waited in line for 5 hours to see that show with henhen as the star!!!!