Keep up to date with the day to day happenings of our little lowcountry boys!
Monday, July 30, 2007
Healthy Start
Well, yesterday was the last day of breastfeeding for Henry and I and i've got mixed emotions. I know I've given him such a healthy start by nursing for 5 months. I've given him lots of good antibodies and he's really thrived on my milk. But more than that, I have loved every single minute of it! It has been such an amazing bonding experience for us both and I will really miss the quiet times each day that we were able to spend together. It truly is such a miracle and i'm so lucky that it worked out so well for us. Last night, as I was feeding him his bottle before bed, I teared up thinking about how much i'm gonna miss nursing. Especially the last feeding of the day. It relaxes him so much and me too. But, the bottle seemed to have the same effect and he went to sleep with no problem. On the other hand, it will be nice to have a little more indepence and now that i'm back at work it will be much easier to manage with formula and starting solids. All good things must come to an end and it's one step closer to independence for Henry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I cant believe he is almost 5 months! He is growing up SO fast! Does he still love his yellow veggies?
Post a Comment