There has been some talk in the news lately about the harmful effects of the chemical BPA that is found in clear plastic baby bottles and toys. This chemical is said to be linked to prostate and mammary gland problems, cancer, etc. While there is A LOT of "junk" in the news lately to clog a young mother's mind, this one may be worth looking in to. Nana called the other day and said that "Nana the Great" had seen a big show in PBS and wanted to mention it to Jean and I. Well, we both went out and bought the EvenFlo Glass Bottles (the same one's our moms used when we were babies).
I feel good about this decision and even though it may be less convenient, it's worth it if it involves my child! I mean we just don't know what all is causing this influx of autism diagnoses and every day they're recalling plastic children's toys due to lead paint. Isn't it our job as parents to do everything we can to protect these little people from our environment, etc. Now, i'm not all crazy "GREEN", but am trying to become more environmentally responsible for my family. And yes, I've bought the Publix GREENBAGs for my grocery's and we recycle everything in our house.
However, when I tried to feed Henry his bottle last night he wanted nothing to do with that weird thick, beige silicone nipple. So I changed it out for one of his Dr. Brown's nipples and he did fine. I hope he'll adjust to this new feeding system with ease.


2 comments:
Thank you Jean and Shelby for getting the glass bottles. There is a lot to be said for the good old days.
Lots of love,
Nana
Amen, Nana! Thanks to Nana the Great, too, for spreading the word.
These babies are too precious to risk their promising futures!!!
Post a Comment