I LOVE this time of year and always get in the Christmas spirit early, but this year I am ESPECIALLY excited about the holidays. I'm so excited to start my own traditions with my own family and begin to view Christmas through the eyes of a child.
Sunday morning we went to early church and it was the beginning of Advent and it REALLY put me in the mood! And even though poor little Henry STILL wasn't feeling well (rash following the fever from last week) and was all out of sorts, we decided to get our tree and begin decorating the house.

You can't see it well, but Henry's stocking is in the middle and has his name embroidered on it. And no, I DID NOT needlepoint it myself. It is from L.L. Bean and will have to do b/c I am not nearly as crafty and talented as my mama was, who needlepointed Hanna and my stockings. Complete with full Santa beards, sleighs, reindeer and all! (GORGEOUS). Maybe one day i'll learn how to do it....but until then....good ol L.L will suffice!

This is our table top Christmas Tree and I have to say I really do love it! We decided to go this route due to the fact that
little mess turkey puts EVERYTHING in his mouth and I have a feeling light bulbs, pine needles, presents, and glass ornaments would not be an exception. The best part about it was that it was only $10 at Lowe's and it is REAL. (I just can't go the faux route.) My live wreath on the front door cost more than that! My favorite part about having a Christmas Tree is when I wake up early in the morning and go in the living room and plug it in. It puts me in the best mood to walk around the house doing our daily routine with the Christmas Tree lit!

So, the Earnst household is 'bustin' out' with the Christmas Spirit and can't wait for all the hustle and bustle that this holiday season will bring!
2 comments:
Hey Shelby!
Everything looks awesome at the Earnst house! You are a very wise mommy! I never thought to put our tree above reach when C and C were little.
Love the photo of Hen Hen- another Jerry smile!!
CanNOT wait to see you all on the 21st!!!!!
Love you so!
Aunt Tishie
YOU'RE HOUSE LOOKS GREAT AND SO DOES MY BUDDY. HE'S A HANDSOME DEVIL.
LOVE PAPA
Post a Comment