Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sleep Update

*this post is mainly for my journaling purposes and so i can go back and look at sleep patterns with subsequent kiddos

As a lot of you know, Henry has been waking up at like 5:30ish for about 3 or 4 weeks. This seems to all be related to his ear infections I think. BUT, for the past 5 nights, he's gone down b/w 6:30 and 7:00pm and slept until 7:00am. HALLELUIA!! I realize this could be short lived, but for now we'll take it. As a result HOWEVER, his naps during the day have gotten worse...at least for me. His morning nap is usually at least 45 min and sometimes an hour after he goes down at 10ish. Well, lately he's up after 20 or 30 min. This is clearly not long enough b/c he's pretty cranky when he wakes up. So at the advice of another mother, I am going to try and keep him up until lunch time and feed him and then put him down. Hopefully he's tired and full enough to STAY asleep! I know 12 months is kind of early to wean to one nap, but I think some children are ready by this point. I'll let ya know how it goes.

***update: Not ready for the one nap just yet! I fed him at 11:30 and he was literally falling asleep in the highchair. I felt sure he would sleep for a couple hours, but no such luck. He was up after 55 minutes. He went back down in the car for another hour or so. Oh well, at least we know.

No comments: