We have a MOBILE TODDLER! Henry is now walking around and getting better and better every day. He still reverts to "the crawl" when he really needs to get somewhere, but I say by the end of the week he'll be upright full time! What a new world he has awaiting him in the upright position. What a new world for me! Much cleaner little paws and knees and toes! Brad and I were talking last night about how proud we are that we've all reached this milestone together. It's a good feeling as a parent to see your child succeed at something he's obviously been working towards for a while.
This month has been a challenging one with the new allergy diagnosis, but we've tackled it head on and are already on such a routine with meals and snacks. It's becoming second nature. Henry hasn't been effected in the least and is really a great eater. He still loves veggies (broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans, butter beans) and gobbles those up first thing. He loves chicken nuggets, french fries, hash browns, turkey hot dogs, ham, crackers of any kind, lorna doone cookies, graham crackers, and soy yogurt. And thank goodness he really likes his soy milk!
The toddler tantrums are here! The boy lets us know when he ain't happy or if we've made him mad. We're doing our best to curb these little fits with firm no's and there have even been a couple time outs. However, I think he's too young to really understand what those mean. He's generally ok after a few minutes or some redirection.
This (above pic) is his newest obsession! We have balls throughout the house, in the car, in my purse, in the diaper bag and will be purchasing one for Mimi and Pops house. I knew boys liked balls, but I didn't realize the love affair began this early. He calls tomatos, avacados, and anything else that is round a "baaaa". HILARIOUS! Brad, of course, loves this and I secretly do too!
This month his verbal skills have improved drastically. He talks all the time now! Most of the time we don't understand him, but are getting really good at figuring it out. He loves to point to your nose and say "no" and to your eye and say (with this little yankee accent) "eye". He repeats much of what we ask him to and is really starting to understand some of what we say.
This boy is very curious and is still into everything. He has now figured out how to open drawers and turn on the bathtub. SCARY! I'll be purchasing drawer locks and hopefully they make something for the tub.
This month his verbal skills have improved drastically. He talks all the time now! Most of the time we don't understand him, but are getting really good at figuring it out. He loves to point to your nose and say "no" and to your eye and say (with this little yankee accent) "eye". He repeats much of what we ask him to and is really starting to understand some of what we say.
This boy is very curious and is still into everything. He has now figured out how to open drawers and turn on the bathtub. SCARY! I'll be purchasing drawer locks and hopefully they make something for the tub. He is still a great sleeper. Goes down and 7:30 and up usually at 6:30 or 6:45. 2 naps at 10:00 or 10:30 and 3:00 or 3:30.
We are looking foward to what the next month has in store for us!
I love you my little sweet potato more than I could have ever imagined!!!


5 comments:
Henry,
You are such a big boy...congratulations on your first steps! Can't wait to see your new walking skills!
Love you,
Cam
Shelby,
PLEASE take a pic of Henry in "time-out"!!! That will be priceless, I know!
Bless it! I can only imagine how hilarious that is, and I know it's very difficult for you not to laugh out loud!!!
I love you!
Tricia
What an important and exciting milestone! Henry is on the move! Cute pics. I love the one with Henry in the stroller with the hat! TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment