Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008

16 Months

Oh my my my! If I could plug Henry into an electrical outlet I believe he could "light the world" with his energy. I never dreamed it was possible for something so little to have so much stamina and energy. He is full on running now and still loves to be outside most all the time. So for the most part Henry is....happy and funny and silly and mad and DIRTY and mischievous and happy and mad and DIRTY and into everything!
Along with all of this energy comes a little bit of naughtiness and frustration. Brad and I are open to lots of advice from others before us on how to discipline a headstrong toddler. I'm positive it's normal behavior for his age (tantrums, etc.), but it's just a battle of the wills right now and WE are determined to win.
But, on the flip side, Henry is such a happy child who loves to give big open mouth kisses and squeeze hugs. My favorite time of day is right before bedtime when he crawls up in my lap with his baba and lets me cuddle and love on him. We say his prayers and at the end he goes: "amie" (amen). Melts my heart every time!
Henry is still a great sleeper and typically goes down at 7:30pm and up at 6:00 or 6:30am. Still naps religiously at 10 and 3.

He eats pretty good. Some meals he would rather be down playing, but others he cleans his plate. I don't stress over this b/c I know he's getting what he needs. He is quite the drinker though. Loves "wa wa" (water) and "doos"(juice) and "mo" (milk).
His vocabulary is expanding by leaps and bounds and he is really copying things we say now. We've really got to be careful :)


July 2007...this time last year
July 2008...look how much he's changed.

This month has been lots of fun and we're really enjoying our summer and I'm really enjoying watching my little boy grow up! Couldn't love him more!



3 comments:

Jean said...

Wow Henry, I cannot believe you are so old! You are such a terrific little boy. I love your pictures of you from last year and this year. I cant wait to see you in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Shelby,
You put Henry's actions into words beautifully!
When you're searching for parenting advice, just remember...
This too shall pass!
Henry is a perfect little one, even with the tantrums!!!
I love you!
tt

Mary Craig said...

Shelby, he is such a doll! It sounds like you are doing a great job!