Brad, Henry and I left for the mountains of western NC on Tuesday after work. We had such a great time and had lots of fun adventures (see below posts). We loved spending time together, but were very excited to have Mimi and Pops join us on Thursday night. On Friday evening Daniel and Keller arrived and our Mountain Weekend '08 officially began! We ate WAAAY too much, drank just a little (hee hee), and played a nasty game of Cranium. BTW, Brad and I are the champs 2 years running now! I seriously don't think I have ever laughed so hard as watching Frankie attempt to act out a mermaid. HI-Larious!
Saturday we all attended the Transylvania County Halloween Festival. We were really there to try and surpass Henry's 3rd place prize in last years costume contest. We entered him in the infant category again (last year we'll be able to do that) in hopes of taking home the gold. I had people coming up to us all day oooohhing and ahhhing over what a precious little red headed leprechaun I have. Heard MANY comments on how my little sprite would most DEFINITELY win the prize. I was a bit biased, I know, but he seriously was the cutest thing out there. Well, I'll have you know, my little baby didn't even PLACE. DIDN'T EVEN PLACE!!!! HOW in the world did that happen, you might be asking? I DO NOT KNOW! I was seriously heartbroken. Henry was not and didn't have a clue what was going on, but his mama is a bit on the competitive side and was kind of a sore loser. Now, the judges were these trashy little high school gals and voted a store bought bumble bee, a purple and pink octopus (also store bought), and a Dracula as the winners. Can you tell I'm bitter? But in my heart (and all those who love him) he is the winner and always will be.
I mean, look how adorable! He was running after his pot of gold (a slice of cheese pizza).
Pops constructed the buckles on his shoes with tin foil. How creative!
At dusk Keller and Daniel participated in the Flight of the Vampire run to benefit the Rotary Club of Brevard. This picture is of Keller running up the hill and D-dogg struggling up the hill! We all got back up the mountain by 7:30 and got the worn out little leprechaun to bed. We enjoyed a delicious birthday dinner for Pops and were all in bed by 11:00.
This mountain/birthday weekend was the best one yet and we are all so lucky to have each other!


7 comments:
Oh My!!!!! What were those judges thinking. I have never seen anything cuter than Mr. Henry!!! He sure did win the Gold in my mind. I am so glad you all had such a great time and I was so glad that it was such a beautiful weekend. Love to you all.
Nana
That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Those "reds" probably don't even know what a leprechaun is! That is BY FAR the cutest costume Ever! Okay, I'm a little bitter too I guess. Wow.
I'm so glad y'all had fun!
Love you, Henry!
Aunt Hanna
They should have had some better judges, because that is one WINNER costume!
Henry, you are a winner in my book! I am glad you all had so much fun in the mountains. I hope to see you soon!
Love, Auntie
O'Henry is no doubt the absolute cutest little red haired leprechaun I've ever, ever seen! I laughed till I cried when I saw the pics! The back view is adorable! Tell Pops he did an outstanding job on the buckles!
You will not have trouble finding a perfect Christmas card picture this year!
What a fun week you all had!
I love you!
tt:)
Henry should have definitely won! He looks so precious! I would have been bitter too!
Henry should have definitely won! He looks so precious! I would have been bitter too!
Post a Comment