On Thursday morning Henry and I woke up around 7:30 and were having a nice, peaceful breakfast. Brad was still sleeping upstairs until I was confronted with THIS HUGE SPIDER!!! I was pulling the trashcan out from under the sink when it came at me! As you can imagine, I screamed LOUDLY for Brad to get up and come take care of our little visitor. He thought I was being dramatic (which I usually am when it comes to arachnids), but quickly found out that I clearly was right this time. Ya'll, I mean this thing was the size of a small hampster! Well, my brave husband took his shoe and smashed it and it's guts squirted across the cabinet. SICK!!! We saved it so Mimi and Pops could see what we had been dealing with...hee hee!

After we recovered from our trauma, we headed up towards the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped at Sliding Rock. We all got out and let Henry see the water and the big rocks. I used to go to Sliding Rock with youth group growing up and I can't wait for Henry to go when he's old enough. However, even in the dead of summer the water is FRIGID so this mama will not be venturing down that big rock again. That will be left up to the daddy:)

We also stopped along the way at Looking Glass Falls. This waterfall is 60 ft and beautiful! Brad put Henry in the backpack and we walked down the path to get up close. There was at least a 10 degree drop in the temperature with the wind coming off the water. Henry's little face was so red when we left.


The cold weather was nice for a while, but i'm sure glad to be back on the coast where it's 70 degrees today! We got back to the cabin at 2:00pm and all took a 2 hour nap. HEAVEN! Mimi and Pops met us for dinner at a Ed Boudreaux's BBQ and Henry was soooo excited to see them. It was hard getting him to go to sleep that night!


1 comment:
I am so glad Hanna was NOT there for the spider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the pictures of Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. It brings back lots of memories.
I love you
Nana
Post a Comment