Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sky Top Orchard

On Wednesday morning Brad, Henry and I traveled to the Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC. It's about an hour away from the mountain house and well worth the trip. There were tons of pumpkins and row after row of apples to be picked. Henry loved running through the orchard and he and Brad thought it was real funny to kick the apples down the hill at me to make me trip. I was definitely more into the actual picking of the apples than my boys!

I attempted to get a height pic of Henry, but he was very quick. I hope we can go back every year to see how much he's grown.


The weather was beautiful...cool and crisp. The leaves were all bright orange and red and the apples were ripe for the pickin.


We paid a whole whoppin' $8 for a basket to collect our "peck" of apples. We also split 2 homemade apple donuts that were a $1 a piece. This is such a cheap and fun family activity! On Friday night we had the most delicious cinnamon stewed apples!








The orchard also had some sheep and billy goats.












I LOVE this picture of Henry!
After we left Flat Rock, we headed to Hendersonville for the afternoon and had lunch at an old fashioned apothocary and walked the streets of this cool little town. They have an awesome Mast General Store and we all loved browsing through there. Henry was one tired little boy and slept most of the way back!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture! Look at all of his hair!
Aunt Hanna

McQueens said...

I'm so jealous, I wanted to go to the mountains this fall and pick apples. I love the picture of Henry- what a handsome young man