Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve was so much fun this year! We went to the 5:00 service at our church, which was really for children. You couldn't be too loud or rambunctious in there and Henry loved the Christmas Pageant and sitting with Olivia. Afterward, we came home for a quick pizza dinner and then rode around and looked at Christmas lights before the party at the Patricks at 8:00. The party was lots of fun and Brad got to catch up with some old friends from high school. We were home by about 9:45, in time to get our Christmas Eve traditions underway.

Henry opened his first present and was none too thrilled that it was pajamas and not toys. But, this is a tradition in my family and I plan on keeping it alive. I loved these little flannel "boyfriend" pj's and couldn't resist getting them while I was in Charlotte.

Daddy read The Polar Express and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas while our little boy listened so intently. It was precious how he hung onto every word! We then got out the cookies and milk for Santa and off to bed at 10:00 for one tired little boy. This is waaaay past his bedtime, but he did great with all the action!
Brad and I stayed up to "prep" for Christmas morning and then we were off to bed shortly after.

Visions of sugarplums danced in his head...



These traditions that we are making as a family are so fun and important and each year just gets better and better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it was such a great Christmas. Love to see you carrying on the traditions that meant so much to us over the years.
What precious pictures.
I love you all.
Nana

Jean said...

So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! Henry looks so cute in his pj's!

hanna said...

That sweet, sweet little boy....

Lucas said...

LOVE the last picture! What a sweet little boy!