Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Morning

We were pleasantly surprised with a wake-up call from Henry's bedroom at 7:15 on Christmas morning. He has been waking up quite a bit earlier, so we were thrilled! We did the usual stalling. You know, setting up the camera and last minute touch ups. And then we let him come into the living room and just take it all in! And boy did he! The first thing he saw was his basketball goal and he looked at Brad and I and said: "abakaball" with a huge grin on his face. And then he just sort of walked around the room from toy to toy in amazement. It was probably one of the most fun Christmas mornings I've ever had. Seeing it through my baby's eyes was truly amazing! Santa was very good to all of us this year and we feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have each other, a warm home, food on the table, jobs to provide, and the love of our family and friends.

Henry checking out his new bathtub toys.
They have already been a big hit! He also got some letters that stick to the bathtub wall so we can learn the alphabet.

We're trying hard to enhance his creative side, so Santa brought him a "Doodle Pro". He likes it, but would rather be riding his trains and motorcycles around the room. We're gonna keep trying, though!

One of our traditions is that we cook a big breakfast after we open all of our gifts to tide us over for the big meal later in the day. This year Henry wanted to help "cook it". He would come over to the stove with my tongs and say "cook it", so I held him up and he loved helping. We made "Oozy Bread" and had fresh grapefruit. Oozy bread is 1 stick of butter, syrup, biscuits, and bacon. I mean, it doesn't get better than that!

Brad probably held Henry up to the b'ball goal 100 times to dunk it! Both of them loved it!

This is Henry coming into the living room first thing looking cute as a button in his red pj's.

Some of Henry's goodies from Santa...

a new bath towel, rain boots, new outfit, and Happy Feet Movie


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a great 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so happy you have had such an awesome Christmas with your little man! Looks like Santa was very good to him!!!! The pic of his little face when he turned the corner and saw his "goods" is priceless and is now on my screen background!
Love the "banky" and ever-present juice cup! tee hee!
LOVE YOU!!!
tt:)

Lucas said...

I love the frog boots! Santa made a big stop at the Earnst household! I am so glad that you guys had fun. That Henro is one cute boy!