Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

NO & MINE

It seems as though my little darling has learned every use of the words NO and MINE. You know, those two words that make toddlers so...hmmm...endearing and irresistible. If I say: "lets go outside and play." 'He say's: "NO!" Even though he reaaaallly wants to go out and play. If I say: "would you like a big bowl of yummy chocolate ice cream?" He replies "NO!" And not just NO. It's more of a "nnnOOO!" Sort of drawn out at the end to add just a bit of drama. And when he really means NO, he gives me his trademark flick of the wrist hitting motion. NICE!!! Where in the H#$% do they pick these things up?

And then, there's the MINE. Most recently, he's into "MY MOMMY" anytime anyone new comes on the scene. So please, if he does this the next time you see us, just ignore it. He'll give it up in a couple minutes! We've got: my baba, my book, my suppa, my nack, my slide, my raisies, etc, etc. You get the picture. He loves to proclaim that an object is MINE as he tucks it ever so forcefully under his arm.

Oh, the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I guess they just try to test us all of the time! I know it must be funny to hear him say "my mommy" Henry, you are so smart!
Love, Auntie Jeans

McQueens said...

i feel your pain....