While I realize that my last post painted a rather grim picture of what life with an almost 2 year old is like, it certainly is not all bad. In fact, 95% of the time I am either laughing hysterically or in complete disbelief at the things that comes out of my child's mouth. Henry is one FUNNY little person and incredibly smart. And yes, I am a just a wee bit biased, but he really is! I have to document these things as they happen b/c these days my thoughts are so fleeting i'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth. You see, I have what they call the "mama brain". There is so much info floating around up there that I can hardly contain one thought to the next. So here goes! And remember, he has a lisp (which I love), so bear with some of my attempts to portray that.
- Anything and EVERYTHING is: Whassis or Whassat?
- Every Wed. we have to sit by the road and wait for the BIG DUMPTRUCK to come by to pick up the weebth (leaves).
- He still says that the airplane is going to the airporch. The other day he had the nerve to say it correctly and I quickly corrected him...in the wrong direction. I can't bear the thought of the day he'll stop saying airporch.
- He calls those nutrigrain cereal bars a nack (snack) b/c that's what I called it once or twice and even if he's having it for breakfast it's a nack.
- If he doesn't like a particular food, he shakes his head back and forth and says: wike it, wike it!
- Every meat is chicken
- When I went in to pick him up from the nursery on Sunday he was playing with a little girl named Emmy. I must have said Emmy's cute at one point, because as we were riding down the road later that day he goes Emmy's cuuuute in a real doe-eyed way. Precious!
- I tend to say "dadgumit" quite a lot since trying to curb my sailor mouth and yesterday Henry repeated it just as plain as day. But, I guess that's better than some other things he could repeat:)
- The boy LOVES canewote (cantelope) and would eat an entire melon if I offered it.
- He loves to give chuga (sugar) and hasn't figured out that you're supposed to close your mouth when doing to so.
- He refers to himself as Henny and I hope he always will!
- He loves to sing chinkle chinkle little sta
- He's still obsessed with the moon and when asked how you get to the moon he yells Rocketship!
- He calls Lucy woothie
- The other day we were sitting around and out of the blue, Henry goes "poor baby" in a real nurturing motherly way. We cracked up!
- He's had a little cough this week and when we go "aww, do you have a little cough" he totally sucks up the sympothy and says all sad "yeah".
- His answer to EVERY questions is "YEAH". I quickly remind him of his manners and to say yes ma'am and yes sir. And he say's yes sir like yes thoa.
- He sometimes will say Mama doin' or Buthsa doin' or whoever doin'. I think he's means What's so and so doing.
- Last week we attempted to take Henry to the local Hibachi grill for the second time b/c he really liked it a few weeks ago. Well, this trip wasn't so much fun! He was terrible with a capital T! Throwing chopsticks and cucumbers at fellow patrons and insisting that the poor waiter continue to bring him bowls of cherries. Well, he keeps asking to go to Biabi's (it's really Miaybi's) and we go no sir! You didn't behave when we were there. This morning he asked again and goes I HAV (behave).
I'm sure there are a ton more that I can't think of right now (remember the mama brain), but if I think of any more i'll add them on.


3 comments:
Oh Shelby!
This brought tears to my eyes. Henry's vocabulary is so precious, but it will soon give way to clear pronunciations. I am thankful that you are hanging on to every word by documenting his adorable "Henryisms".
Love you!
tt:)
What a smart boy you are! I cant believe you are almost 2!!! Such a big boy!
Thanks for sharing...he is growing up!!
Post a Comment