Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Henry and Thomas

For Henry's 1st Christmas Uncle D gave him lots of Thomas the Train "stuff" that he won at an auction in NYC. For his 1st Birthday Mimi and Pops gave him a train table and more T the T "stuff". He's got trains, videos, books, and even pajamas with Thomas and friends and his affection for these whimsical characters just keeps growing. Lately he carries several of the trains with him at all times. Most days we can't leave the house without either Percy or Salty or Diesel in tow. He loves to line them up and pull them all around the house and I often find them in the oddest of places.
The table in the back has been a great "catchall" for all Henry's toys and the backroom is sort of his playroom. Typically my boy isnt' the best at entertaining himself. He wants someone to play with him or typically he just likes to get right between my legs while i'm trying to prepare my latest gourmet creation ;) But lately the train table and all his Thomas gear is his go to spot and I love it! He literally played in there last night for 30 minutes while I piddled around and I didn't hear a peep. Ahhh, bliss! Maybe this independent play is all part of him growing up! And this part i'll gladly take!
Look at the concentration!
I think he looks so big right here! Like a real BIG BOY and not a baby:(
Hammin' it up! He was actually saying cheese here.

3 comments:

kristine martin said...

Hi Shelby,

I sent a gift for Henry in the mail yesterday, and realized I left the card out--so sorry I got distracted I guess. When you see Toledo, you'll know it's from us.
Happy Birthday Henry!!! With love, Kris and Larry
P.S. Loved the pictures with your friend Thomas the train!!

Tricia said...

Yes, Henry is growing up toooooo fast! Hard to believe he's turning 2 on Saturday!!!
I know you're excited that he is now able to entertain himself for longer periods of time. I I think he'll be ready to help you take care of a baby brother or sister when the time comes!!!!
LOVE YOU!
tt:)

Walker James Kirkland said...

Shelby, Walker is into Thomas too---obsessed really! :) It is so cute to see him play with his trains, but he usually wants me to join in. Maybe this independent play you speak of isn't far away! :)
Happy early Birthday to Henry, too! Hope y'all are well!