Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pretend Play

I have sort of been waiting for this little milestone to take place and yesterday was the day. I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Henry had been roaming around the house playing by himself for a while. I heard what seemed like a little conversation going on in the living room, so I hid around the corner and watched for a little while. What I witnessed was truly one of the funniest things i've ever experienced and I had to seriously walk away so he wouldn't hear me laughing. Henry had his big "ephalump", that Nana and Papa gave him when he was a baby, on the sofa and the conversation went a little something like this:

H: Oh, hey. Hey! Whatchoo doin? I got a nose (while grabbing the elephants nose), do you? Hey!
This went on for a while...

Henry has his arms around Teddy (this is the name he has given him, even though he's not a teddy bear) and they were sort of laying down. And this is all in a "sing songy" voice. Then all of the sudden:

H: Wets go to my room, want to!?!?

And off down the hall they both went to Henry's room!

And since that moment Teddy has been by Henry's side at all times. Outside, dinner, brushing teeth, bedtime. He even said "Godbwess Teddy" when we said his prayers. And, Brad said he had to pry him out of his hands this morning when it was time to leave for Mrs. Brenda's.

I think someone has a new best friend! We all gotta have a BF, don't we!

4 comments:

Jean said...

That is so cute!! Does he drag teddy around by his long nose?? That is what Conner does! Henry, you are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

oh so cute! i wish you had that conversation recorded! anne w

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh, Shelby!!!
That's the cutest thing!!!!! Wish I could have witnessed that conversation! Yep, I think Hen Hen has a BF for life!!!!!!!! Priceless!!!!!
Made my day!
LOVE YOU!
tt:)

hanna said...

So sweet! Henry and Teddy!