Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mothers Day in Brevard

So I'm finally getting the motivation to update the blog. So sorry i've been out of touch! Sometimes you just get un-inspired, ya know?
This was the second year we decided to head to the mountain house for Mothers Day Weekend and once again it did not disappoint! The Earnsts II (Brad, Shelby, and Henry) left Friday morning and made our way up with several stops along the way. We stopped in Hendersonville for lunch and did some shopping and walking. We arrived at the house at around 3:30 and just chilled on the porch until the Earnsts I (Mimi and Pops) arrived at 6:00ish. Headed to the Clock and had some mean chili cheese burgers and fried chicken. Yeah, we kicked off our weekend of BAD eating right then and there!

Saturday we went to the J. Crew distribution Clearance Store in Arden, NC and totally LUCKED out! Well, Mimi and I did. I'm sure the boys felt otherwise, but they were sports and dropped us off at my version of heaven on earth. They were having a HUGE clearance sale and the line was wrapped around the building with people waiting to get into the warehouse. They had millions of boxes with EVERYTHING $20 or less. You just had to basically fight your way in and DIG through each box to find your size, etc. No rhyme or reason to any of it. I racked up with 2 pairs of pants, 1 turtle neck, 1 dress all for under $50. Amazing! Mimi hooked my little preppy boy up with some cute little duds (see above pic). Too cute!
That night Brad prepared a delicious Mothers Day dinner and we were all in bed by 10:00. A sign of a good day. And a sign of a baaaaad little 2 year old. Hearing NO 5 million times and putting your child in time-out 2 million times wears a mama out! He was in rare form that weekend, but luckily we're outta that devil phase for now and I've got my sweet little boy back.

But doesn't he look cute in his prep attire and slicked back hair? My my he's handsome! I've said it before and i'll say it again: "He's lucky he's so cute!"
And no trip to the mountains would be complete without the boys trying to teach Henry how to tee tee off the porch. They seriously DO NOT urinate indoors while we're there. Even if it's 20 below. I just don't get it!
All in all, this trip was a success and we realize how lucky we are to have such a special place to go and make memories!



2 comments:

Courtney said...

look at that cute little hiney!

Tricia said...

I about cried looking at that beautiful little boy with his hair slicked back and wearing that preppy JCrew shirt! Where have the past 2 years gone?!!!
Tom and I are dying laughing at Pops teaching Hen how to pee pee off the porch!!!!
Glad you had a fun wkend.
Also glad you decided to get back to the world of bloggin!!!!
LOVE YOU!
tt:)