
We've been discussing the potty and making a huge deal out of it for a while now. I've had it just sitting around for Henry to get used to the idea. He likes to sit on it every now and then, but only for a few seconds. He'll sit down and then pop right back up and go "Not yet, not yet". But about 2 weeks ago he came into our room on a Saturday morning and said he needed to go poo poo on the potty. So we stripped him down and told him to have at it. Well all of the sudden he looks down and says "Dat's NASTY". We jumped up and lo and behold he had done #1 and #2 in his green potty! We screamed and jumped up and down and praised and fed the boy countless N and M's (M&M's) before the hour of 7:00am. Well that was it for a week or so until this week. He did a little "nasty" in the potty yesterday morning and then some tee tee last night. And yes, everytime he gets N and M's. I hope he knows you don't get N and M's EVERY time you go potty your whole life. We'll cross that bridge later, I guess.
So, I know we're no where near complete indepence on the john, but hopefully we're on our way!!!


3 comments:
oh my gosh! I am so proud...and impressed! You didn't have to do a single thing and he just pretty much potty trained himself! WHAT?!
Love the comment "That's NASTY"...priceless!!!
Bless it!
I'm soooo proud of Henry! Whew! What a quick study he is! I never thought to use N and M's when C and C were potty training!!!
Yep, it sounds like he's almost there! How sweet(or nasty) it is!!!
LOVE YOU!
tt:)
Thank you both so much for your confidence in our potty training, but let me clarify. He has only gone 3 times total and for every 1 time he's willing to even sit down, there's 10 that he's not having any of it. Any advice is appreciated and welcome!
xoxo
Post a Comment