Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Yard Sale-ing!

*the one above is very similar to the one I scored
Saturday morning at 7:00am I looked out my window and my across the street neighbor was setting up for a Yard Sale. The house just sold and apparently she was in desperate need to unload some "stuff". Brad told me to grab his wallet and go over and see what all they had. I did just that and came home a very lucky WINNER! Here's what I got:
  • Cedar Chest -$20 (WHAT? $20 buck-a-roos for this beaut that looks perfect in my living room)
  • 3 Oberglas Cabernet Savignon Wine glasses for $1 (for all 3)
  • Sterling Silver (plated i'm assuming) medium sized vase $1- it needs a little polishing, but it's real purdy underneath all that tarnish

TOTAL: $22

She just finalized her divorce and we think she is just trying to rid her life of all of "their" possessions. Otherwise, I can't understand why she would sell such nice things for so cheap. Whatever her story is, I'm thrilled I decided to go Yard Sale-ing this weekend! Think I might make it a weekly occurrence:)

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow Shelby! You did great!
I love the chest! You'll really enjoy that!
There are some neat things you could do with the silver vase. I've read some neat ideas on blogs I've seen on Kelly's Korner's "Where do you live?" series that she does on Fridays.
Carol has gotten some really awesome treasures from yard sales, too. You should continue!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Courtney said...

Impressive find! oh, i really want a chest like that for "keepsakes" and such. B/c I know in 10-20 years, "stuff" will end up getting thrown away or lost that I originally intended to keep. This chest will be great to keep Henry's sweet little baby things in for keeps! Or, it could be a great place to store toys so your house doesn't end up looking like a day care! Or, just storage, period. You can never have enough storage!