Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Manager

I've discovered a new method of discipline while eating out or browsing shops.

The Manager


It began last weekend at Edisto with the Thains. We were eating dinner at a cool little local beach dive and Henry began to get a bit antsy towards the end of the meal. He kept wanting to get up and run around while we were waiting for the bill and of course, we couldn't have that. So, there was this "odd bird" buss boy who was hanging around. He really was kinda scary looking, so we started telling Henry that the Manager was going to come and get him and take him back to the kitchen if he didn't straighten up. Well, he thought the buss boy was the Manager and we ran with it. We might have even gone so far as to tell him that they like to chop bad little boys toes off and fry them up like hush puppies :) I know, what a bad mom I am but sometimes you gotta pull out all the stops to keep your children in check! Later that night we were trying to get H to go to sleep and Cameron's husband Jonathan told Henry that if he didn't go to sleep that Manager was going to come get him. Well, I heard screams and cries and ended up having to lay with him until he was asleep. I think we may have taken it a wee bit too far! He was petrified of The Manager!

Yesterday Brad and I used the old Manager trick at Pizza Hut and it worked like a charm. We didn't take it quite so far this time, but we are thrilled to have a new method of control while we're out!




3 comments:

Richard said...

Don't feel bad, Shelby! We have to do what we have to do to keep our children behaving. We have a similar story with Kamdyn except it involves witches. She is still worried that if she cries without a reason that a witch will come to our house!

Tricia said...

Shame on you!!! Poor little H will have nightmares forever!! tee hee!
That poor little man was really sweet, but he did look right scary especially to a two year old.
I'm sure that all parents are guilty of taking somewhat drastic measures to maintain control and dignity while at public eating establishments!!!

Donna said...

Hey, not all managers are bad! LOL
Sometimes you have to do whatever it takes. I won't even share some of the things I had to tell my Lucy. Love ya