I had my 12 week appointment this morning so we decided to make it a family affair. Brad and I picked Henry up from school early and took him with us to meet Dr. Hargrove and hear his baby brother/sister's heartbeat. Much to my surprise and excitement she decided to do one more ultrasound to make sure everything was looking ok. So he actually got to see the babe in utero! I'm pretty sure he didn't get it, but it sure was fun to be all together to see our new member!
Everything looked right on target for 12 weeks and Dr. Hargrove was very pleased with how the baby is growing. I also got to hear the heartbeat with the doppler and it was like music to my ears. I feel like a 100 lb weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I feel free and open to talk about this pregnancy now and am so excited!
Some things for my records:
Everything looked right on target for 12 weeks and Dr. Hargrove was very pleased with how the baby is growing. I also got to hear the heartbeat with the doppler and it was like music to my ears. I feel like a 100 lb weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I feel free and open to talk about this pregnancy now and am so excited!
Some things for my records:
- nausea has worn off for the most part, but creeps up occassionally
- hate the thought/smell of Chick-Fil-A and BBQ (2 of my previous favorite foods on earth)
- boobs are enormous and still very sore
- my tummy is starting to poke out a bit, but still not really showing
- am very tired a lot of the time, but really don't have time to be tired like I did the first pregnancy so I press on
- crave p-nut m&m's, french fries, and red meat
- have a strong feeling that this baby is a girl (I also thought Henry was a girl until 2 weeks before the ultrasound, so we'll see)


2 comments:
glad to hear you're feeling better. i hear ya on peanut m&m's and redmeat for sure!
Wonderful news about your baby (and you!) Isn't it funny the things our bodies crave and can't stand during pregnancy!
Post a Comment