
You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
I feel great these days with lots of energy! I cleaned my house from top to bottom yesterday which is the first time I've felt like doing that in a while. I am finally kicking this chest cold i've had for 2 weeks. Being sick and pregnant is NO fun! I am sleeping really well and unlike my pregnancy with Henry I am not getting up every hour on the hour to pee. I am feeling the baby move all around now and it gets stronger every day. I see Dr. Hargrove next Tuesday for my regular monthly checkup.


3 comments:
I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE BUGGER. LOVE YOUR DADDY
Looking forward to being with you all this weekend.
Love you,
Nana
Shelby, what a wonderful time in your life. Enjoy every minute of it.
Post a Comment