The last time it snowed in Charleston, SC was in the year 2000! So, as you can imagine, the excitement around these parts yesterday was out of control! I made the mistake of telling Henry that it might snow yesterday and he asked me no less than 250 times if, in fact, it was doing just that YET!!! I had to sadly reply, no sweetie, not yet over and over until around 7:50pm. At that point Brad was on his way home from work and the two of us were cuddled up in my bed reading a book. I heard a bunch of commotion outside from our neighbors and looked out the window and lo and behold it was coming down! Big, beautiful white snowflakes!
So, we jumped up, put on our makeshift snow clothes and ran outside. My boy was amazed as this was his first time ever seeing snow! We stayed out for about 45 minutes and I finally got him to come in for bed at the promise of getting to play in it in the morning.
And that he did with his Daddy! They threw snowballs and tried to build a snowman, but it was melting really fast, so that was kind of difficult.


4 comments:
How exciting, Shelby! So happy that Henry could enjoy his first snow last night as it was falling!!! Tom and I took Little D for a long walk in the snow this morning in Laurens. She loved it!
Glad you got some awesome pics of this rare event in SC!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Yay for snow for little Hen Hen!!!
So glad yall had fun out in the snow! We did too! We didnt have snow clothes either and Conner got soaked! Im glad the boys got a chance to play in the white stuff! Love you!
When i heard it the snow might make it to Charleston, all I could think about was little Hen getting his first snow!
Love you!
Post a Comment