Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

37 Weeks, Full Term


How your baby's growing:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.




Well, it seems as though I have arrived at full term! I saw Dr. H today and she said that if labor started today she would do nothing to stop it. Little bitty is cooked!
I am going every week now and last week we discussed inducing toward the end. I mentioned that I am not real keen on this idea and she agreed. I sort of feel like i'd like for this to happen "organically" unless of course there is something wrong and we need to get him out. With Henry, my water broke the day before my due date so there was no question we were headed to the hospital. I can't wait to see how this one happens! His head is down, heartbeat is good, and my BP is good. I am not even dilated to one and no effacement, but am totally ok with that. I think with the 2nd one you're so much more relaxed about everything.
I am feeling ok, but am getting a nasty cold/sinus infection (3rd d@%mn one this pregnancy). She gave me an antibiotic and said I should be good to go by the time labor comes around. I feel like I'm waddling now and just feel tired in general. But mostly, I just can't wait to hold Manning in my arms and see what he looks like.
I'll be keeping you posted so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to get your phone call early this morning. Yes, little Manning will be here shortly. I am glad you are on an antibiotic to clear up your nasty so you will be feeling full of beans for the delivery. I am really looking forward to our time together, can't wait for the phone call. Lots of love to you,Brad and Henry and of course Manning.

Anonymous said...

Love you all, NANA

Anonymous said...

Love you all,
Nana