
Henry has a new fear in life. The Shrimp!
I fear that this is his "monster in the closet." His "gremlin under the bed."
It all started Friday night when Brad grilled the most delicious shrimp. We cleaned up dinner, gave the boy a bath, and tucked him into bed. Well, we got a shout out in the middle of the night saying that sumping is in my bed. Brad and I both checked in the bed, under the covers, and under the bed. Nothing was there. So we tucked him back in and all was fine. Until the next morning. He woke up and kept insisting that their was a shrimp in his bed. I looked again and no shrimp. We kind of thought Lucy might have gotten one out of the trash and put it in his bed, but it's now been 3 days and his obsession with The Shrimp has grown. He is scared to get out of his bed. He is scared to get his toys unless it's broad daylight. He is scared to put his clothes in the hamper. We have to hold his hand so he can jump really far away from the bed when it's time to get up. I think he really thinks there is this jumbo, evil shrimp looming around the corner ready to attack him at any moment. We keep ensuring him that there is no shrimp and that we are always here to protect him, but he really is scared. Any ideas on what we should do to break this?


3 comments:
Oh bless him. I know the feeling since I am allergic to the almighty shrimp. Please tell Henry when I come to stay I will rid all the shrimp from his bed and room. We will have a great time bunking together and there will be no room for shrimp. I love you Henry and will be with you shortly.
Love,
Nana
well, get the old gross black manager from the edisto restaurant to come tell him a shrimp story.....at least that would be Jonathon's solution
that is hysterical, Shelby! Only a child raised in Chuck-town would be fearful of shrimp!!!
Post a Comment