This is our 3rd Mothers Day spent in Brevard at the mountain house and I think this was my best one yet. Generally my children have a "holiday" radar and act as bad as they/Henry can on any of our special days. But this year they were on their BEST behavior! Our short trip was packed with tons of fun, family, and food. On the way up Brad, Manning, and I stopped in Spartanburg to visit Cecilia and her two cuties. I could KICK myself for not taking pics, but i'm sure their will be plenty more opportunities for that. Henry came up later with Mimi, Pops, and D-Dogg. Everyone slept great this trip, even little Man Man.
Brad and I enjoyed a little bit of one on one time with Manning and he was such an easy traveler. I hate to put a tag on a child so early in life, but he is so laid back and easy going. I'm not sure if that is b/c he's the second child and really has to be or if it's that his parents are so much more laid back this go round. Whatever the case, he is a content little baby and for that I am grateful!
Henry had so much fun this trip and I don't think he tee teed inside once. He loved being with the big boys in the woods and in the creek. There were several checks for ticks throughout the weekend and thank goodness none were found. It won't be long before Manning will be out there with them, but for now he spent a lot of time with the girls.
On the was home today we decided to take a little heritage tour through our old stomping grounds and the place where this all began...CLINTON, SC/PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE. Henry enjoyed seeing all of the places where Mama and Daddy used to live and play....oh and study. And we always love reminiscing about this special place!


2 comments:
thanks for coming by while you were in Clinton. It was great seeing yall
I'm pretty sure ya'll weren't in LaurenCE on Sunday now were ya? Were you in Lexington or Edge-vegas?
Post a Comment