Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Good Day with Good Friends


One of my best friends from college, Eliza, called me Monday morning and simply said: "I'm either getting in the car today or tomorrow to come visit you in Charleston, so you choose!" She lives in Savannah and we've been trying to get together all summer, but it hasn't worked out until yesterday. And we both realized how easy it was and how much fun our children had together and how much we missed catching up. So, hopefully we'll be doing this way more often!

Her girls, K and MM, are precious! They have the cutest personalities and both my boys just took to them. The girls LOVED holding Manning and he was content as can be to be passed around.

I think Henry overwhelmed them a bit at first, but by the end of the day the three of them were running around together like wild!


We met at the Aquarium and did that for a couple of hours and then on to Chic-fil-a for some lunch and fun on the playground.

After that, we came back to our house so the kids could run around and play. They watched a little Dora the Explorer and then onto the backyard to chase Monsters. Can you guess who's idea this was?

K (almost 5)
Manning (5 months)
Henry (3.5)
MM (2)

Are these two not the cutest things you've ever seen?

Eliza and I kept laughing all day thinking about what we were doing 10-15 years ago and now we are chasing after our kids and talking about new supper ideas. My how times have changed, but i'm so glad our friendship hasn't!

Thanks so much for such a fun day girls! We can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Lucas said...

Looks like a fun day with and old friend! I just love MM's haircut. If miss Laney would grow some I might could think about styling it. :)

Eliza said...

We had such a blast with you all. What fun! Yes, crazy how our conversation has changed just a tad but our friendship hasn't. I miss you! Hopefully next week will work for HH. love you all.