Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of 3K


My Dear Henry,

Well, the summer has come and gone and it's time again to begin a new school year. I cannot believe you are in the 3's! You have Ms. Brenda and you are going to LOVE her! I hear she is tough, but so sweet and loving and I have no doubt that you'll adjust fine.

You're going through a little separation anxiety right now for the first time ever. You've gotten a little teary the last few times I've left you at school and at children's church. I know it must be b/c i've been home with you all summer and you're not used to us being apart yet. I am not used to this b/c you were never like this when I dropped you off at Ms. Brenda's (your old babysitter). But, I am SO VERY PROUD of you at how quickly you dried your tears. You realize that you're there to learn and have fun with your friends. We've discussed our jobs in this family at length lately, and you know that it's your job to do your best at school and at home. To listen and use your very best manners and to always try your best.

You are my best buddy Henry and I have had more fun with you and your brother this summer than I could have imagined! You are growing and learning new things every day and you continue amaze me with that mind of yours.

You have a huge heart Henry and such a sensitive side and I want you to know that I will be right beside you each and every step of the way as you navigate through this big old world.

It won't always be easy, but we'll get through it together as a family.

I am your biggest cheerleader Henro. Don't you ever forget that!

I love you more than you'll ever know!

Mama

5 comments:

kate's corner said...

aw. we start tomorrow!! love that sunlight one and the last of him and his buddy. soo cute. can't believe they're 3!!

Tricia said...

Oh Shelby! What a precious post! I know you had very mixed feelings this morning as you and Brad deposited Henry into his 3-K class.
He will do great, I have no doubt!
I know you had a huge lump in your throat as he teared up leaving you.
Can't wait to hear about his adventures!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Courtney said...

my eyes are welling up with tears!

Cameron said...

growing up way tooo fast! miss ya'll and give henro a big huge and kiss from camcam when he gets home from school today!

Jennifer said...

That is the sweetest post I have ever read!!! You did a great job in writing it!!! Hope to see you this weekend!