Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Henry's 1st Flag Football Game


Moe's Southwest Grill Panthers!


Henry and his buddy Carson before the big game.
They love each other!

I can't even tell you who won the game, but I do know that it was a sight to behold! We had boys who cried the whole game (not mine thankfully), boys who laid themselves flat out on the grass to daydream (this WAS mine), boys who rode on the shoulders of the poor referee, boys who ran the total opposite direction of their goal line, and boys who pulled the flags of their own team members. It was pure comedy!

Henry enjoyed himself thoroughly and even scored a TD toward the end of the game.
He had quite the cheering section. Nana and Papa and Aunt Hanna drove all the way to Chuck for the event. And Mimi and Pops, of course, were there too. Brad was out of town for work and was so sad to miss his first game, but we kept him updated the whole time. He'll get to see him play this weekend.

Way to go Henry!

7 comments:

Cameron said...

i believe i need to make a trip to see one of these games! too funny!
love you all and miss you!

Lucas said...

SO adorable! We thought about ya'll so much yesterday. We can't wait for Bradley to start sports. Henry looks precious!

Sarah

Courtney said...

way to go Henry! i bet that's all he can talk about today!

Tricia said...

Yes, we will def. have to make a trip down to Chucktown to see Henry play! I am soooo proud of him... a TD in his FIRST GAME- phenomenal!!!!!!
This will look great on his resume'!!! teehee!
I LOVE YOU!!!
tt:)

Anonymous said...

So so cute. I can just see him lying down and day dreaming and then scoring a goal. Perfect day. Life is good.
Hugs to everyone.
Eliza

Anonymous said...

my terminology was a big off. I was thinking soccer but picturing flag football :) Ha.
Go Hen!
Eliza

Head Coach Ryan Molony said...

they need a play called the "bluuuueee hooooorrrssseeeee"