Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crash


In the last couple months Henry has been in the process (a very long process I might add) of giving up his nap. It has been hard on me not to have a 2 hour break from him every day and hard on him at around the 6-7 o'clock hour. Some people think kids should be tired and sluggish at the end of the day after giving up the nap, but it's just the opposite. They are BUCK WILD. Like a dang firecracker lit through the house. And yes, in Henro's case, even more so than usual!
Well, today was brutal. He refused to have "quiet time" in his room OR playroom. Coming out approx. 8-10 times asking if it was time to come out yet. After 8-10 NO's!!! and a whole lot of screaming I sent him to his room and threatened to take ALL of his toys away if I heard another word. And I meant it! Well, I realized that it was really quiet back there after a while and that usually means one of two things. Trouble or Sleep.
And sleep it was. Oh, glorious sleep. In the form of a flat out PASS OUT sitting straight up. I love it when this boy is overtaken by the need for sleep. I can count on one hand the number of times it's happened in his almost 4 years. He just does not wear out. He rarely crashes and few are the times when he's been carried to bed on his Daddy's shoulders.
I love his energy, but it sure is nice to get a break every now and then:)

5 comments:

hanna said...

I love that!

Courtney said...

so, i'm going to assume that THIS is in my future for Durham...she has followed Henry's patterns so far of "resisting nap time". she is so strong willed when it comes to sleep! i feel your pain, sista!

Shelby said...

it has really been a surprise to me the way they act when tired. i just assumed they would be sluggish/cranky/sleepy acting, but it is so opposite. they are WIRED and keyed up and just plain crazy. and i hear this from most of my mommy friends, so i assume it's pretty standard. have fun!

lasttwin said...

oh Shelby! He is hysterical in that picture. Sometimes they just run out of gas! Glad you got a little break! Us Mama's sure do need them:)

lasttwin said...

lasttwin is me:) Sarah Lucas...on my different email account.