Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Engine"

Someone from the preschool sent Henry some of his old dress up clothes today and as you can imagine he is so excited. The child LOVES to dress up! So, i'm sitting in the living room and he comes out in this all black getup (see above). Here's how our conversation went:


Mom: "What kind of outfit is that buddy?"

Henry: "An engine. Not an engine turtle, just an engine."

Mom: "Huh?"

Henry: "You know. An ENGINE!" (he looks at me like i'm crazy and then it dawned on me that he meant NINJA! like NINJA turtles)


TOO MUCH!!! I, of course, did not correct him b/c these little "henryisms" are starting to become few and far between the older he gets. I want to hang onto these little "mis-speaks" as long as I can.


Do you ever go through periods of time with your children when you love them just a little bit more than usual? I know that sounds weird, b/c I always love my children more than I could ever describe. But sometimes when they are being super sweet and extra cute you just love them a little bit more. Well, this is one of those times with Henry. He is "running on all cylinders" right now. Using his sweet manners, cuddling me up without asking, doing as he's told without arguing, etc. I could eat him up!!!




1 comment:

hanna said...

LOVE IT! That sweet thing.