Last night I decided it was time to try out some more finger foods and it was successful! I cut up some AVOCADOS and Henry loved it. I made guacomole for us b/c was TACO NIGHT! He raked up some pieces in his fist and then used his other hand to shove the whole fist in his mouth. Hilarious! He was looking at me like "why is this not going in my mouth?" So, once he got the small pieces in he would sort of suck on it until it desolved. I think this will be put into the rotation and it's so healthy to boot!
This morning Brad mashed up some BANANAS and put it in his cereal and...you guessed it....he loved it! I feel like it's safe to say Henry is NOT a picky eater.
Next week I think i'm gonna bake some SWEET POTATOS for us and feed him a little of that for his supper. Life will be so great when we can start giving him what we eat!
One negative...
I hard boiled some eggs on Monday and threw out the whites and mashed up the yolk and put it in his cereal Tuesday morning. Well, I picked him up from Ms. Brenda's that afternoon and he was eaten up with diaper rash. This is the ONLY different thing we've tried in the last week so that has to be it. I really do hope he'll grow out of that b/c eggs are such a good source of protein. I may try it again in a month or so to see if he can handle it.


2 comments:
Henry,
Way to go on the Avocados and Bananas. Two of your Nana's favorite foods. I know the sweet potatoes will be good too. I am so glad your Mommy and Daddy got to go out on the town last night. I know they had fun. I know you are going to have a good weekend coming up and I know Conner is so excited about meeting you and his Uncle Earnst. What about him sleeping all night last night. WOW. I remember when you did that for the first time. I love you so much
Nana
I am so glad that Henry is loving his new foods! I know he is having a ball tasting them for the first time. I cannot wait to see yall on Sunday. Henry-you are too cute for words! I love you, Auntie Jean
Post a Comment