Well, Henry, you have officially been in this world as long as you were in my tummy. Hard to believe, isn't it? This month you have blossomed in so many ways. You are now pulling up on anything and everything and sometimes I question your ability to decipher what's a sturdy base and what is not. We'll work on that. You are gaining more and more confidence in yourself as you navigate from couch to couch or couch to table. I'm sure you'll be walking before we know it!
You are really starting to "talk" all the time now. You babble in your own little language and it's so cute to see you trying to communicate with us. I think your official first word is doggy (dawdee). Anytime a dog comes around you point and get excited and say dawdee. You chase Lucy and Buster screaming dawdee dawdee. The other day I would say: doggy and then ruff ruff. And you would go: ughff ughff.
You're all time favorite word right now is Daddy (Datee). You say it all the time and I know you know who your Datee is cause you get so excited when he's around. If he walks out of the house you go to the door and cry until he comes back in. You say mama sometimes too, but Daddy is definitely favored. You've also said "Uh Oh" and "Ho Ho Ho".
You've also shown up that you have a little red hot temper to go along with your red hair. If we take something away (remote, cords, dog bowls) you will get so mad and scream at us. Daddy and I are really trying to just ignore these little outbursts! We had such a busy month with Christmas, Mountain Trip, trip to Columbia, and New Years and you did so well. You love to be out in the thick of things!
You still seem to be hanging on to baby food and like for us to feed you. You are pretty sensitive to different textures, but we're working on trying new things with you. Bananas are still your FAV! You have one every morning along with your oatmeal or grits. This week I tried a whole weat waffle and you loved it, so we're making some progress. You like cheerios, zwieback toast, crackers of any kind, french fries, bread, nilla wafers, and Gerber Puffs.Henry, you are ALL BOY already and I love it! You're into EVERYTHING and i'm constantly wiping dirt off your face or from under your fingernails. You pretty much have to have a bath every night, which you love. You like rolling your trucks back and forth across the floor or roll them along with you when you crawl.
Your Dad and I are so lucky that we were chosen to raise you and you have no idea how much joy you bring to our lives.
Henry, I love you more than you'll ever know!


2 comments:
Shelby,
It is unbelievable how fast they grow up. Eliza is already 3 months old and I feel like she was just born. I know you are enjoying every single second with him.
This is the cutest 10-month-old in the world!!!
Shelby, is Henry full of your personality or what?!!!
Thanks for sharing these precious photos!!
Love you!
Post a Comment