Well, maybe not THE last, but probably ONE of the last for this summer. Usually by this time of year I am so over the dog days of summer and so ready for the cool, crisp days of fall. But, this year is different. I have loved every minute of this summer and this August has been very bearable. There has actually been a nice breeze (thanks Fay) and the average highs have been in the 80's. I am sad to see this summer go!
Mimi and HenryYesterday the Smoak's invited us to spend the day at their beach house. We got out there just after lunch and spent the afternoon chasing our little FEARLESS boy all around the surf. At the beginning of the summer Henry was rather leery of the water and waves and even at the Litchfield Beach Week he would have rather been playing on the deck with the hosepipe. Well, the "tides" have turned and this little toddler was running full speed ahead into the waves. We had to stay right beside him, so Brad and I got quite the workout! He loved picking up shells and running after me with hand fulls of sand. He thought it was so funny to chase me with it. We put him down for his nap in the house and it must have been the salt air, b/c he slept for an 1 and a half.



3 comments:
SO cute, Shelby! Glad you all have had a great summer!
Wow! It's amazing how Henry is growing and changing so quickly! He is definitely an adventurous little boy! I love it!!! Wait till NEXT summer!!!
These pics brought back memories of joining you at the Smoaks' beachhouse last summer when H was just a little bitty wee one!!!
See you soon!
I love you!
tt :)
Looks like y'all had so much fun! Henry, I am glad you love the ocean!Love, Auntie Jean
Post a Comment