Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Week

Well, this week has proven to be one nightmare/disaster after another! I came home from work on Monday to a "sweat box", as we are now referring to our house. Our air conditioner was broken, now for the second time this summer. Yes, I know it's September! But, we live in the deep south where it doesn't even think about cooling down till mid-October. Uhhggg. So , we were thinking we could get them to 'patch' it up just ONE MORE TIME to get us through till the Spring. WRONG! We are now going to be the proud new owners of a brand new A. freakin' C. I will not even tell you how much said A. freakin' C. will cost....way more than I care to mention, but way less than if we went with a big company as apposed to Johnny. Johnny, our precious repairman, who "moonlights" after his real A/C repairman job at a big company, hasn't been able to come and put the new one in until this evening (after work)...we HOPE.
*
So, you may be wondering if we've been sweatin' it out at our house and the answer to that is he%$ NO! Not with a very active 18 month old and a cranky mama! I have the BEST in-laws on the planet and they have been gracious enough to let us bunk up with them...ALL WEEK! I miss my bed, my dirty floors, and my new leather couch! And I'm sure Mimi and Pops miss their peaceful existence! Although, I have thoroughly enjoyed the delicious dinners prepared by the wonderful Mimi this week.
*
BUT, alas, Brad and I are blowing outta town tomorrow morning for the weekend with our buds! We are going to the mountain house for the Mountain Song Festival. CANNOT WAIT! Again, the BEST in-laws on the planet are keeping the little Hankster for us and we appreciate it more than you can imagine!
*
So, with all that said, it could be worse! And I am thankful for having $$$ to get a new A/C, family who love us, a wonderful husband who is taking care of IT ALL, and a beautiful son who loves me no matter what!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I am SO sorry about all that you have had to endure this week. I am glad that you and Brad will get to go away this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

like the new look!
sorry about the AC scandal!
anne