Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

PC vs. The Citadel


The Blue Hose were in town to play El Cid on Saturday night so we jumped on the chance to take Henry to his first college football game/tailgate! We got there around 5 and tailgated at The Joe with the PC Scotsmans Club. They had such a nice spread complete with Lowcountry Boil and a cash bar. PC made quite a showing in the tailgate department and I was so proud to see the students today know how to throw down on a Saturday night just like we did back in the day:) There were tons of PC tents, food like you wouldn't believe, and cute fashions that I loved checking out!

We walked around for a while before the game started at 7:00 and had so much fun seeing all the people.

We watched the cadets parade in and Henry was mesmerized!
PC held their own in the first half and really looked good, but things went downhill fast after half time!

Henry loved the game and was so intrigued with the big football players and would throw up his hands and say TOUCHDOWN anytime we scored!

Much thanks to Jimmy and Margaret for helping us wrangle the wild man throughout the night! He LOVES them and loved sitting on Jimmy's lap!

Marge made sure we got few photo ops with the Scotsman!Align Center

Such a fun night was had by all and I've definitely got the tailgate fever now! I think we need to make a trip to Columbia real soon! Or maybe we'll just become Citadel fans and "gate" here every weekend!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

yall WOULD get a pic with the scotsman! Go HOSE!

Tricia said...

Glad you were there to help represent the Hose! Shelby, you look beautiful!!! Did I see a little "baby bump"?!!!!
Please let's set a date for you and Hen Hen to come to Lexington!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
tt:)

Donna said...

It don't get better than that! Love ya!

Taywilks said...

hahaha! in the picture with henry and his daddy with the 3 citadel boys behind him! i know the 3rd one on the right! haha- you cant really see his face, but i KNOW its him! his name is hampton! bahaha! thats funny! :) henry is PRECIOUS!