
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (the size of a pineapple) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
I seriously can't believe I am 32 weeks pregnant already. This pregnancy really has flown by and Manning will be here in about 8 weeks. I am feeling great still and feel like I have more energy than I did with Henry. I definitely get tired and feel zapped at random times throughout the day, but for the most part feel fine.
Manning's most active time is at night around 8-11pm. It looks like an alien is in my tummy and feels like it too. Brad will catch a glimpse of it from across the room and just laugh. I am at what I call the "grunting" stage of pregnancy. It just makes things easier when you grunt. Like simply standing up or sitting down or getting out of bed. I am also getting up to pee about every hour during the night, so that makes for some interesting sleep. But luckily I have been able to go back to sleep rather quickly.
My appetite is pretty hardy and I HAVE to have dessert at least once a day:) This isn't too far off from my non-pregnant self though.
I will say that I am much more nervous this time around than I was with Henry. I guess because I know what to expect with labor and the infant stage. I have a bit of anxiety about how I will handle having 2 children to care for, but I know I will be ok. Henry is so excited about being a big brother and I know he'll have his moments of acting out, but he will be such a big help to me. He loves helping with small tasks around the house (i.e. letting Lucy out and feeding her, putting his clothes away, getting things out of the pantry and fridge, etc.) And Brad is so great about doing small things to make my life easier. I am so ready to meet my little boy and know he will fit into our family like he was always here.
What a lucky woman I am!
Manning's most active time is at night around 8-11pm. It looks like an alien is in my tummy and feels like it too. Brad will catch a glimpse of it from across the room and just laugh. I am at what I call the "grunting" stage of pregnancy. It just makes things easier when you grunt. Like simply standing up or sitting down or getting out of bed. I am also getting up to pee about every hour during the night, so that makes for some interesting sleep. But luckily I have been able to go back to sleep rather quickly.
My appetite is pretty hardy and I HAVE to have dessert at least once a day:) This isn't too far off from my non-pregnant self though.
I will say that I am much more nervous this time around than I was with Henry. I guess because I know what to expect with labor and the infant stage. I have a bit of anxiety about how I will handle having 2 children to care for, but I know I will be ok. Henry is so excited about being a big brother and I know he'll have his moments of acting out, but he will be such a big help to me. He loves helping with small tasks around the house (i.e. letting Lucy out and feeding her, putting his clothes away, getting things out of the pantry and fridge, etc.) And Brad is so great about doing small things to make my life easier. I am so ready to meet my little boy and know he will fit into our family like he was always here.
What a lucky woman I am!


3 comments:
i can't believe it's only 8 weeks until we get to meet sweet little manning! i can't wait and i'm so glad you are still doing so well!
love you!
Oh, Shelby, I can hardly wait to get my hands on little Manning! I have no doubt that Henry will do just fine!!! He will be such a cute big brother!!! (I hope Manning has red hair, too!!!)
I am thankful that you are doing so well. It's very normal to be a little more anxious this time around.(Sometimes ignorance IS bliss! tee hee!)
See you soon!
I LOVE YOU!!!
tt:)
can't believe we're getting so close shelby! glad you're feeling okay! i hear ya on the dessert. ditto!! i didn't realize you were naming him manning! love it!!!
Post a Comment