Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Program and Party

The Two's Class at Henry's school put on the CUTEST program for the parents today. They had all of the parents sit in a big circle and then the children filed in with their little "Love Bears" and found their mama's and daddy's. Henry was so excited to see Brad and Pops and Me and I was nearly in tears (as I am a bit emotional this last trimester). They sang about 10 songs that they had been practicing over the last few weeks and it was so sweet.

This is Henry and his best friend Luke dancing in the middle of the circle. Henry LOVES Wuke and talks about him constantly at home. We even got to go to his 3 year old birthday party on Sunday and it was precious to see the two of them together. All I can say is "poor Ms. Barbara and Ms. Cheryl" b/c these two are WILD together!

After the program I went with Henry to his classroom for their Valentine's Party. The moms hosting the party did a great job with mini cupcakes and heart shaped PBJ's. All the children loaded up on cute Valentine's from each other and even made the moms a sweet little heart. I am doing the end of the year party and am open for ideas from all you creative types out there:)

Here is Luke again and little Mia, who I am pretty sure Henry has a crush on. He talks about her constantly also and her mom told me today at the party that Mia often comes home and says that Henry kissed her at school today. Back it up buddy...you don't need to be messin' with the girls this early in life! There's plenty of time for that!


4 comments:

Courtney said...

you could do a "summer" theme with red and white check table cloths. Party City has tons of stuff, you can go and just get ideas. You could do "ants on a log" (celery filled with pnut butter and raisins on top), or ice cream sundaes.....

Shelby said...

You are exactly the person I was thinking of when I asked for help on this subject! All that sounds adorb!

Tricia said...

How precious little Hen was in his Valentine red shirt!!! I know you were so proud! Did he actually sing, or did he just stand there?!!! Most 2-year-olds usually "freeze" and stare at the audience during performances!!! I love it!!!
Love Court's idea! You could also buy inexpensive sand buckets to put their lunches in and make it a beach theme. They could bring beach towels to sit on and you could get beach balls/sunglasses/visors, etc. for favors.
I'll keep thinking!
I LOVE YOU!!!
tt:)

Cameron said...

i remember at my bday party at the zoo one year mama made dirt. It was chocolate pudding with oreo crumbles on top and gummy worms sticking out of it.
hen hen is too cute! tell him cam cam says hey and misses he!